Short Answer Questions
The online GCC application includes the following short answer questions. The response for each question should be no longer than 1,500 characters (including spaces).
- Why are you interested in the Global Competence Certificate?
- What prior experiences do you bring to the program? How will these experiences contribute to your and your peers’ learning?
- How will the GCC help you in your personal and professional life? How do you think you will use the learning you gain in the GCC?
- Please discuss whether and how global competence education can lead to better educational outcomes for students.
- Please discuss your communication and collaboration style. How will you apply and adapt it in various GCC components including: synchronous and asynchronous online coursework, virtual Collaborative Practice Groups, and the global fieldwork?
- The GCC is a rigorous online certificate program designed for in-service educators. Considering that teachers lead very busy lives, please reflect on how you will balance the program work with your other professional and personal responsibilities.
- A core component of the program is 2-3 weeks of summer global fieldwork. What do you anticipate you will learn as an educator and a person through the fieldwork experience?
Participant Selection Criteria
- Interest and commitment to global competence education
- Compelling purpose for applying to the GCC
- An open, communicative, and collaborative disposition
- Strong academic background and preparedness for program rigor (minimum bachelor’s degree required)
- Professional experience (minimum 2 years) that will enhance constructive participation
- Technological proficiency (basic navigation and word processing skills; broadband internet access)
- Commitment to participate fully in all aspects of the program